Important Announcement from The Modern
Today Governor Mike DeWine asked all higher education institutions to cancel or postpone large meetings, and move toward online or …
Today Governor Mike DeWine asked all higher education institutions to cancel or postpone large meetings, and move toward online or remote learning. To ensure we are protecting the lives of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors, The Modern will suspend all face-to-face classes starting Wednesday, March 11, 2020 through at least April 6. Campus will be closed to all students. Classes will be held virtually starting Monday, March 16. You will receive instructions on how to participate in virtual learning by Friday, March 13. Our Open House, scheduled for Saturday, March 14, is postponed.
For students participating in Portfolio, we know some of you are counting on March 11 being your late turn-in date for group two assignments. The new late turn-in date for all group two assignments is now Monday, March 16. We will be communicating the process for late turn-ins and group three projects later this week.
As always, it is important to practice sound prevention precautions, just as those used to prevent cold or flu:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
• Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
• Stay home while you are ill (except to visit a healthcare professional) and avoid close contact with others.
• Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Questions can be directed to our Security Team lead, Korinne Toadvine, at (937) 294-0592.