The Modern College of Design Welcomes New Students, Faculty, and Staff
The Modern College of Design’s 2022-2023 academic year and fall semester commenced this week, August 22, 2022. Over 180 new and returning …
The Modern College of Design’s 2022-2023 academic year and fall semester commenced this week, August 22, 2022. Over 180 new and returning students are enrolled in The Modern’s award-winning residential and online Design and Design Leadership programs.
The Modern also introduced new, innovative courses, faculty, and staff.
• Art Essentials will improve students’ visual understanding and expand critical awareness
through a variety of hands-on studio projects. This course was developed to help student
connect their artistic talents and design skills.
• Apps Expansion familiarizes students with intermediate to advanced techniques in the Adobe
Creative Suite. The course was designed for students who join The Modern with experience in
design and related applications.
• Modern 101 introduces students to the Modern community and provides them with tools to
achieve success academically and socially. This course will help students more seamlessly
navigate the transition to The Modern.
• Part-time instructor Tess Cortés joined the full-time faculty teaching art and motion design
• Hard Media Group Co-Founders, Derrick Humphrey, and Justin Rankin are teaching social
• Laux Creative Video Production Owner Jeromy Laux is teaching video courses.
• Butler Tech Creative Director and Principal Kimheart Moeung is teaching motion design
• Freelance designer, photographer, and Modern graduate Sydney Rose is teaching web design
• Sparkbox Front-end Developer Philip Zastrow is teaching coding courses.
• Kimberly Guindon is the new Recruitment Specialist representing Indiana.
• Nicole Light is the new Recruitment Specialist representing Cincinnati and Kentucky.
• David Trainer is the new Recruitment Specialist representing Columbus.
• Emma Menjivar is the new Admissions Specialist providing resources on campus.
“I am thrilled with the positive energy and creativity that filled our campus this week,” shared President Jessica Barry. “New faculty and staff are allowing us to expand our curriculum and improve The Modern experience.”